Terms And Condition
What is Pocket Healthcare?
The domain name www.pockethealthcare.in, an internet based portal and Pocket Healthcare a mobile application, is operated by Pocket Healthcare Private Limited, a company duly incorporated under the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 (hereinafter referred to as “Pocket Healthcare” or “We” or “Our” or “Us” or “Company”) having registered office at B-23, G.T. Karnal Road Industrial Area, Delhi- 110033, with GSTIN 07AAFCD7691C1ZL and PAN AAFCD7691C. The domain name and the mobile application are collectively referred to as the “Website”.
The Website is a platform that facilitates (i) online purchase of pharmaceutical products sold by various third party pharmacies (“Third Party Pharmacies”) and by the Company; and (ii) diagnostic services being offered by various third party diagnostic centers (“Third Party Labs”). The Third Party Pharmacies, Third Party Labs, Medical Experts and the Third Party Advertisers are collectively referred to as the “Third Party Service Providers”. Further the Website also serves as an information platform providing health and wellness related information (“Information Services”) to the Users accessing the Website (The services of the Third Party Services Providers, sale of pharmaceutical products by the Company and the Information Services are collectively referred to as the “Services”).
- the Indian Contract Act, 1872 (“Contract Act”);
- the (Indian) Information Technology Act, 2000 (“IT Act”) and the rules, regulations, guidelines and clarifications framed thereunder, including the (Indian) Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011, and the (Indian) Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011 (“IG Guidelines”);
- the Drugs and Cosmetic Act, 1940 (“Drugs Act”), read with the Drugs and Cosmetics Rules, 1945 (“Drugs Rules”);
- the Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements) Act, 1954 (“Drugs and Magic Act”);
- The Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 read with the Indian Medical Council Rules, 1957;
- Pharmacy Act, 1948 (“Pharmacy Act”) and
- the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 and Consumer Protection (E-Commerce) Rules, 2020.
For the purposes of availing the Services and/or transacting with the Third Party Service Providers through the Website, You are required to obtain registration, in accordance with the procedure established by Pocket Healthcare in this regard. As part of the registration process, Pocket Healthcare may collect the following personal information from You:
Address (including country and ZIP/ postal code);
Password chosen by the User;
Valid financial account information; and
Other details as You may volunteer.
A registered id can only be utilized by the person whose details have been provided and Pocket Healthcare does not permit multiple persons to share a single log in/ registration id. However, a registered user, being also a parent or legal guardian of a person ‘incompetent to contract’ such as minors or persons with unsound mind, would be permitted to access and use the Website for the purposes of procuring the Services, on behalf of such persons.
Organizations, companies, and businesses may not become registered members on the Website or use the Website through individual members.
You agree and acknowledge that You would (i) create only 1 (one) account; (ii) provide accurate, truthful, current and complete information when creating Your account and in all Your dealings through the Website; (iii) maintain and promptly update Your account information; (iv) maintain the security of Your account by not sharing Your password with others and restricting access to Your account and Your computer; (v) promptly notify Pocket Healthcare if You discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches relating to the Website; and (vi) take responsibility for all the activities that occur under Your account and accept all risk of unauthorized access.
The Website uses temporary cookies to store certain data (that is not sensitive personal data or information) that is used by Pocket Healthcare for the technical administration of the Website, research and development, and for User administration. In the course of serving advertisements or optimizing services to You, Pocket Healthcare may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on the Your browser. Pocket Healthcare does not store personally identifiable information in the cookies.
USE OF SERVICES AND THE WEBSITE
E-Commerce Platform for Pharmaceutical Products –
- Platform to facilitate transaction of business:
- Through the Website, Pocket Healthcare facilitates the purchase of drugs and other pharmaceutical products, and services offered for sale by Third Party Pharmacies (“Pharmaceutical Goods and Services”). You understand and agree that Pocket Healthcare and the Website merely provide hosting services to You and persons browsing / visiting the Website. All items offered for sale on the Website, and the content made available by the Third Party Pharmacies, are third party user generated contents and third party products. Pocket Healthcare has no control over such third party user generated contents and/ Pharmaceutical Goods and Services and does not – originate or initiate the transmission, or select the sender/recipient of the transmission, or the information contained in such transmission. The authenticity and genuineness of the Pharmaceutical Goods and Services made available by the Third Party Pharmacies through the Website shall be the sole responsibility of the Third Party Pharmacies. You understand and agree that Pocket Healthcare shall have no liability with respect to the authenticity of the Pharmaceutical Goods and Services being facilitated through the Website.
- You understand and agree that all commercial / contractual terms, with respect to the sale/ purchase/ delivery and consumption of the Pharmaceutical Goods and Services which are offered by and agreed to between You and the Third Party Pharmacies and the contract for purchase of any of the Pharmaceutical Goods and Services, which are offered for sale on the Website by the Third Party Pharmacies shall strictly be a bipartite contract between the Third Party Pharmacies and You.
- The commercial / contractual terms include without limitation – price, shipping costs, payment methods, payment terms, date, period and mode of delivery, warranties related to Pharmaceutical Goods and Services offered for sale by the Third Party Pharmacies, and after sales services related to such Pharmaceutical Goods and Services are as provided by the Third Party Pharmacies. Pocket Healthcare does not have any control over, and does not determine or advise or in any way involve itself in the offering or acceptance of, such commercial / contractual terms offered by and agreed to, between You and the Third Party Pharmacies.
- Representation as to legal title
- Pocket Healthcare does not make any representation or warranty as to legal title of the Pharmaceutical Goods and Services offered for sale by the Third Party Pharmacies on the Website.
- At no time shall any right, title, claim or interest in the products sold through or displayed on the Website vest with Pocket Healthcare nor shall Pocket Healthcare have any obligations or liabilities in respect of any transactions on the Website. You agree and acknowledge that the ownership of the inventory of such Pharmaceutical Goods and Services shall always vest with the Third Party Pharmacies, who are advertising or offering them for sale on the Website and are the ultimate sellers.
- You agree and acknowledge that the Third Party Pharmacies shall be solely responsible for any claim/ liability/ damages that may arise in the event it is discovered that such Third Party Pharmacies do not have the sole and exclusive legal ownership over the Pharmaceutical Goods and Services that have been offered for sale on the Website by such Third Party Pharmacies, or did not have the absolute right, title and authority to deal in and offer for sale such Pharmaceutical Goods and Services on the Website.
- Non-Performance of Contract
- You accept and acknowledge the following:
- Pocket Healthcare is not responsible for any unsatisfactory, delayed, non-performance or breach of the contract entered into between You and the Third Party Pharmacies for purchase and sale of goods or services offered by such Third Party Pharmacies on the Website;
- Pocket Healthcare cannot and does not guarantee that the concerned Third Party Pharmacies will perform any transaction concluded on the Website;
- The Third Party Pharmacy(s) are solely responsible for ensuring that the Pharmaceutical Goods and Services offered for sale on the Website are kept in stock for successful fulfillment of orders received. Consequently, Pocket Healthcare is not responsible if the Third Party Pharmacy(s) does not satisfy the contract for sale of Pharmaceutical Goods and Services which are out of stock, back ordered or otherwise unavailable, but were shown as available on the Website at the time of placement of order by You; and
- Pocket Healthcare shall not and is not required to mediate or resolve any dispute or disagreement between You and Third Party Pharmacies. In particular, Pocket Healthcare does not implicitly or explicitly support or endorse the sale or purchase of any items or services on the Website. Pocket Healthcare shall, on a request in writing made by You after the purchase of any Pharmaceutical Goods and Services on the Website, provide You with information regarding the Third Party Pharmacies from which You have made such purchase, including the principal geographic address of its headquarters and all branches, name and details of its website, its email address and any other information necessary for communication with the Third Party Pharmacy for dispute resolution.
- Exhibition of drugs and publication of Third Party Pharmacies content on the Website
- You agree and acknowledge that the respective Third Party Pharmacies are exhibiting Third Party Content which includes catalogue of drugs/ pharmaceutical products or services, and information in relation to such drugs/ pharmaceutical products or services, on the Website.
- The Third Party Content available on the Website, including without limitation, text, copy, audio, video, photographs, illustrations, graphics and other visuals, is for general information purposes only and does not constitute either an advertisement/ promotion of any drug being offered for sale by the Third Party Pharmacies on the Website or any professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or recommendations of any kind.
- You acknowledge and agree that such Third Party Pharmacies shall be solely responsible for ensuring that such Third Party Content made available regarding the Pharmaceutical Goods and Services offered for sale on the Website, are not misleading and describe the actual condition of the Pharmaceutical Goods and Services. In this connection, it is solely the responsibility of the concerned Third Party Pharmacy(s) to ensure that all such information is accurate in all respects and there is no exaggeration or over emphasis on the specifics of such Pharmaceutical Goods and Services so as to mislead the Users in any manner. You acknowledge and understand that 1 mg provides no warranty or representation with respect to the authenticity/ veracity of the information provided on the Website and You must run Your own independent check. You agree and acknowledge that Pocket Healthcare has not played any role in the ascertainment of the actual impact/ effect of any Pharmaceutical Goods and Services being offered for sale by the Third Party Pharmacies on the Website. Further, it is hereby clarified that the Third Party Pharmacies are offering the Pharmaceutical Goods and Services for sale to You and they are responsible for procuring the appropriate licenses for the same under the Drugs Act read with the Drug rules and the Pharmacy Act. You agree and acknowledge that You shall not hold Pocket Healthcare responsible or liable for any damages arising out of such reliance on third party user generated content by You.
- Prescription Drugs
- The Website is a platform that can be used by the Users to purchase various drugs and pharmaceutical products that requires a valid medical prescription issued by a medical expert/ doctor to be provided to a registered pharmacist for the purpose of dispensing such medicine (“Prescription Drugs”), offered for sale on the Website by Third Party Pharmacies. In order to purchase Prescription Drugs from Third Party Pharmacies through the Website, You are required to upload a scanned copy of the valid prescription on the Website or email the same to Pocket Healthcare. The order would not be processed and forwarded to the concerned Third Party Pharmacy(s) by Pocket Healthcare until it receives a copy of a valid prescription. Third Party Pharmacies will verify the prescription forwarded by You and in case of Third Party Pharmacy(s) observe any discrepancy in the prescription uploaded by You, the Third Party Pharmacy(s) will cancel the order immediately. You are also required to make the original prescription available at the time of receipt of delivery of Prescription Drugs. You shall allow the delivery agent to stamp the original prescription at the time of medicine delivery failing which medicines will not be delivered.
- Pocket Healthcare shall maintain a record of all the prescriptions uploaded by the Users.
- Substitution of Prescribed Drugs
- You acknowledge and accept that the order for a substitute of a Prescription Drug would only be processed if the medical expert/ doctor has himself/ herself permitted for any other equivalent generic drug to be dispensed in place of the Prescription Drug in the prescription or if the prescription solely lists the salt names instead of a specific brand name.
- You further acknowledge and accept that, in the absence of the above, the concerned Third Party Pharmacy would not dispense a substitute drug in place of the Prescription Drug.
- Invitation to offer for sale
- Transfer of Property and Completion of Sale
- Upon acceptance of the Offer by the concerned Third Party Pharmacy (being the brick and mortar pharmacy, the Pharmaceutical Drugs and Services would be dispensed at the pharmacy, in accordance with the terms of the order placed by You. Such dispensation shall also take place under the direct/ personal supervision of the pharmacist of the Third Party Pharmacy, wherever required under the applicable law(s).
- You agree and acknowledge that the property and title in the Pharmaceutical Drugs and Services ordered by You shall stand immediately transferred to You upon the dispensation of Pharmaceutical Drugs and Services and the raising of the invoice at the concerned Third Party Pharmacy. Accordingly, the sale of Pharmaceutical Drugs and Services is concluded at the concerned Third Party Pharmacy itself.
- The invoice in relation to the Pharmaceutical Drugs and Services, that are required to be delivered to You shall be issued by the concerned Third Party Pharmacy (being the brick and mortar pharmacy) which is to process and satisfy the order for such Pharmaceutical Drugs and Services.
- Delivery of Drugs
- You agree to appoint an individual who shall act in the capacity of Your agent and collect the medicines as requested by You from Third Party Pharmacy on Your behalf (“User Agent”). You accept and acknowledge that the User Agent shall be responsible to collect the medicines ordered by You from the Third Party Pharmacy and to carry it to the address notified by You.
- You further agree and acknowledge that the User Agent acts as Your agent for collecting the medicines from the Third Party Pharmacy. The services are being undertaken by User Agent with Your consent and therefore the Company is merely facilitating for You and Users Agent to connect.
Editorial Policy for the Website –
As part of the Services, Pocket Healthcare provides Pocket Healthcare Content on the Website targeted at general public for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or recommendations of any kind. Pocket Healthcare Content is subject to the following rules/ information:
- Pocket Healthcare Content is original and is relevant to the general public;
- topics for Pocket Healthcare Content are selected by Our board of qualified experts consisting of certified medical experts, pharmacist and medical professionals;
- topics for Pocket Healthcare Content are chosen on the basis of current health news, drug alerts, new drug launches, latest medical findings published in peer-reviewed medical journals, such as ‘The Journal of the American Medical Association’, ‘The New England Journal of Medicine’, ‘The Lancet’, ‘Pediatrics’, ‘Diabetes Care’, and many others;
- editorial board (as mentioned below) takes into account the latest trending health and wellness topics like dengue, swine flu, seasonal allergies, new vaccines, public awareness trends like breast cancer awareness month,” and ‘Healthy Heart Month’; as well as emerging health and nutrition trends like health benefits quinoa, use of BGR 34 for managing diabetes, alternative medicine like ayurveda, homeopathy and much more;
- Pocket Healthcare maintains principles of fairness, accuracy, objectivity, and responsible, independent reporting
Diagnostics Services –
Terms for use of the Diagnostic Services:
- The Third Party Labs may not access the Services if the Third Party Labs are Pocket Healthcare’s direct competitor, except with Pocket Healthcare’s prior written consent. In addition, the Third Party Labs may not access the Services for purposes of monitoring their availability, performance or functionality, or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes.
- Pocket Healthcare will provide to the Third Party Labs basic support for the Services at no additional charge, and/or upgraded support if purchased separately and will use commercially reasonable efforts to make the Services available 24 (twenty-four) hours a day, 7 (seven) days a week, except for (i) planned downtime or (ii) any unavailability caused by circumstances beyond Pocket Healthcare’s reasonable control, including without limitation Force Majeure Events (as defined herein below). Pocket Healthcare will provide the Services only in accordance with applicable law(s) and government regulations.
- The Services may be subject to certain limitations, such as, limits on disk storage space, on the number of calls Third Party Labs are permitted to make against Pocket Healthcare’s application programming interface, and, other limitations dependent on the Third Party Labs plan, for example, number of SMS, or number of Users. Any such limitations are specified in the Third Party Labs’ plans. The Services provide real-time information to enable Third Party Labs to monitor such Third Party Labs’ compliance with such limitations.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Third Party Labs alone shall be liable for Third Party Labs’ dealings and interaction with the Users who avail the services of the Third Party Labs or diagnostic centres contacted or managed through the Website and Pocket Healthcare shall have no liability or responsibility in this regard. Pocket Healthcare does not guarantee or make any representation with respect to the correctness, completeness or accuracy of the information or details provided by such User, Third Party Labs or any diagnostic centre or any third party through the Website. The Services should not be used for emergency appointment purposes.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Third Party Labs alone shall be liable for dealings and interaction with Users contacted or managed through the Website and Pocket Healthcare shall have no liability or responsibility in this regard. Pocket Healthcare does not guarantee or make any representation with respect to the correctness, completeness or accuracy of the tests conducted and reports generated by the Third Party Labs.
Your Profile, Collection, Use, Storage and Transfer of Personal Information:
- Your Pocket Healthcare profile is created to store record of Your Consultations and Your personal health information online, including history, health conditions, allergies and medications.
- Any information provided as part of a web Consultation or obtained from use of the Services by You becomes part of Your Pocket Healthcare record. You agree to provide accurate information to help Us serve You best to Our knowledge, to periodically review such information and to update such information as and when necessary. Pocket Healthcare reserves the right to maintain, delete or destroy all communications and materials posted or uploaded to the Website according to its internal record retention and/or destruction policies. You might be contacted via email to review the information provided by You for Pocket Healthcare’s record or for the Services. Please make sure You provide a valid email-id and You update it as and when needed.
- the type of information collected from Users, including sensitive personal data or information;
- the purpose, means and modes of usage of such information; and
- how and to whom Pocket Healthcare will disclose such information.
- the fact that the information is being collected;
- the purpose for which the information is being collected;
- the intended recipients of the information;
- the name and address of the agency that is collecting the information and the agency that will retain the information; and
- the various rights available to such Users in respect of such information.
- Pocket Healthcare shall not be responsible in any manner for the authenticity of the personal information or sensitive personal data or information supplied by the Users to Pocket Healthcare or any other person acting on behalf of Pocket Healthcare.
- The Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Users’ account access information and password. The Users shall be responsible for all uses of the Users’ account and password, whether or not authorized by the Users. The Users shall immediately notify Pocket Healthcare of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of the Users’ account or password.
- If a User provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete (or becomes untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete), or Pocket Healthcare has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Pocket Healthcare shall have the right to suspend or terminate such account at its sole discretion.
Payment, Fees and Taxes:
Registration on the Website and the access to the information provided on the Website is free. Pocket Healthcare does not charge any fee for accessing, browsing and buying through the Website. You agree to make all payments directly to the respective Third Party Pharmacies for purchase of Pharmaceutical Goods and Services from such Third Party Pharmacies and to the Company in case of purchase of Pharmaceutical Goods and Services directly from the Company. The Third Party Pharmacies may choose to either personally collect such payment from You or may use the services of collection agents duly appointed in this regard. You agree and acknowledge that You shall not hold Pocket Healthcare responsible for any loss or damage caused to You during the process, due to any acts or omission on the part of third parties viz. the Third Party Pharmacies or the collection agents or for any actions/ omissions which are beyond the control of Pocket Healthcare.
In relation to the diagnostic services being availed from the Website, Third Party Labs agree to pay all package fees, consulting fees and other fees applicable to the Third Party Labs use of such Services and the Third Party Labs shall not circumvent the fee structure. The fee is dependent on the package that the Third Party Labs purchase and not on actual usage of the Services. In relation to the Users using the diagnostic Services, the Users agree to make all payments directly to the respective Third Party Labs for use of the diagnostic Services from the Website. You agree and acknowledge that You shall not hold Pocket Healthcare responsible for any loss or damage caused to You during the process, due to any acts or omission on the part of the Third Party Labs’ any actions/ omissions which are beyond the control of Pocket Healthcare.
Each User / Third Party Service Providers are solely responsible for payment of all taxes, legal compliances, statutory registrations and reporting. Pocket Healthcare is in no way responsible for any of the taxes except for its own income tax.
The subscription fees for the Services, if any charged by Pocket Healthcare, could be paid online through the facility made on the Website. Third parties support and services are required to process online fee payment. Pocket Healthcare is not responsible for any loss or damage caused to User/ Third Party Service Providers during this process as these third parties are beyond the control of Pocket Healthcare. The fees could also be paid offline and be either collected personally from the User/ Third Party Service Providers or required to be mailed to Pocket Healthcare at the following address of its Corporate office at Pocket Healthcare Healthcare Solutions Private Limited, 5th Floor Tower –B of The Presidency Building, 46/4 Mehrauli Gurgaon Road, Sector 14, Gurgaon, Haryana-122001, India.
All fees are exclusive of applicable taxes.
Pocket Healthcare reserves the right to modify the fee structure by providing on the Website which shall be considered as valid and agreed communication.
Applicable payment charges: No charges levied.
Details, including contact information of all payment service providers: Paytm (https://paytm.com/care/ticket), AmazonPay (https://www.amazonpay.in/contact), Mobikwik (https://blog.mobikwik.com/contactus/), AirtelMoney (https://www.airtel.in/personal/money/contact-us), Freecharge (https://www.freecharge.in/contactus), OlaMoney (https://www.olamoney.com/support/index.html), JIO Money (https://www.jiomoney.com/contactus.html), PhonePe (https://www.phonepe.com/contact-us/), MPESA UPI – BHIM (https://www.bhimupi.org.in/get-touch) and GooglePay (https://support.google.com/pay/india/gethelp).
Security details in relation to payment methods: API integrated.
Charge-back options: No.
Return, Refund, Cancellation and Shipping charges:
Each Covenanter undertakes that it shall not do any act or post, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that –
- belongs to another person and to which the such Covenanter does not have any right;
- is grossly harmful, insulting or harassing on the basis of gender, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy including bodily privacy, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise inconsistent with or contrary to the laws in force;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- impersonates another person;
- is harmful to child;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or knowingly and intentionally communicates any information that is patently false or misleading in nature but may reasonably be perceived as a fact;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- is prohibited under applicable law(s) for the time being in force including Drugs Act read with the Drugs Rules, the Drugs and Magic Act, the Indian Penal Code, 1860, as amended from time to time and rules made there under;
- is patently false and untrue, and is written or published in any form, with the intent to mislead or harass a person, entity or agency for financial gain or to cause any injury to any person; and
- threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
- You are also prohibited from:
- violating or attempting to violate the integrity or security of the Website or any Pocket Healthcare Content;
- transmitting any information (including job posts, messages and hyperlinks) on or through the Website that is disruptive or competitive to the provision of Services by Pocket Healthcare;
- intentionally submitting on the Website any incomplete, false or inaccurate information;
- making any unsolicited communications to other Covenanters;
- using any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (such as spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search the Website;
- attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any part of the Website;
- copying or duplicating in any manner any of the Pocket Healthcare Content or other information available from the Website; and
- framing or hotlinking or deeplinking any Pocket Healthcare Content.
The Other Parties shall not hold Pocket Healthcare responsible or liable in any way for any disclosures by Pocket Healthcare under Regulation 6 of the SPI Rules.
The Services provided by Pocket Healthcare or any of its licensors or providers or Third Party Service Providers are provided ‘as is’, as available, and without any warranties or conditions (express or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability, accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, arising by statute or otherwise in law or from a course of dealing or usage or trade). Pocket Healthcare does not provide or make any representations, warranties or guarantees, express or implied about the Website or the Services. Pocket Healthcare does not verify any content or information provided by the Other Parties on the Website and to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law(s), disclaims all liability arising out of the Other Parties’ use or reliance upon the Website, the Services, the Pocket Healthcare Content, Third Party Contents, representations and warranties made by the Other Parties on the Website or any loss arising out of the manner in which the Services have been rendered.
The Website may be linked to the website of third parties, affiliates and business partners. Pocket Healthcare has no control over, and not liable or responsible for content, accuracy, validity, reliability, quality of such websites or made available by/through the Website. Inclusion of any link on the Website does not imply that Pocket Healthcare endorses the linked website. Other Parties may use the links and these services at their own risk.
Pocket Healthcare shall not be responsible for the mishaps/missed services due to no service/no show from the Other Parties; Pocket Healthcare shall not be responsible for any error in any of the services being provided by the Third Party Service Providers.
Users accept and acknowledge that Pocket Healthcare does not provide any representation or give any guarantee or warranty (whether express or implied, or whether arising by virtue of a statue or otherwise in law or from a course of dealing or usage or trade) in relation to the goods/ products and services made available on its Website by Third Party Service Providers, including any guarantee or warrantee that such goods/ products (i) are merchantable; (ii) fit for the purpose of which they are to be (or have been) purchased;(iii) have accurate description; (iv) do not cause any infringement; and (v) that the Third Party Service Providers have legal title over the goods/products being offered for sale by them on the Website. Pocket Healthcare also does not provide any representation or give any guarantee or warranty (whether express or implied) about the Website or any of the Services offered or services offered or provided by the Third Party Service Providers.
The Other Parties further accept and acknowledge that Pocket Healthcare does not verify any content or information provided by either the Users or the Third Party Services/ or obtained from the Users or the Third Party Service Providers, and to fullest extent permitted by applicable law(s), disclaims all liability arising out of the Other Parties’ use or reliance upon the Website, the Services, the Pocket Healthcare Content, Third Party Content, representations and warranties made by the Other Parties on the Website or any opinion or suggestion given or expressed by Pocket Healthcare or any Third Party Service Providers in relation to any Services provided by Pocket Healthcare.
Pocket Healthcare assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect Other Parties’ equipment on account of the Other Parties’ access to, use of, or browsing the Website or the downloading of any material, data, text, images, video content, or audio content from the Website. If any of the Other Party is dissatisfied with the Website, the sole remedy of such Other Party(s) is to discontinue using the Website.
The listing of Third Party Service Providers on the Website is based on numerous factors including Users comments and feedbacks. In no event shall the Protected Entities (as defined herein below) be liable or responsible for the listing order of Third Party Service Providers on the Website.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law(s), Pocket Healthcare, its affiliates, independent contractors, service providers, consultants, licensors, agents, and representatives, and each of their respective directors, officers or employees (“Protected Entities”), shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages, or any other damages of any kind, arising from, or directly or indirectly related to, (i) the use of, or the inability to use, the Website or the content, materials and functions related thereto; (ii) User’s provision of information via the Website; even if such Protected Entity has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
In no event shall the Protected Entities be liable for, or in connection with, (i) the provision of, or failure to provide, all or any products or service by a Third Party Service Provider to any User; or (ii) any comments or feedback given by any of the Users in relation to the goods or services provided by any Third Party Service Providers; or (ii) any content posted, transmitted, exchanged or received by or on behalf of any User, Third Party Service Providers or other person on or through the Website.
Pocket Healthcare disclaims any liability in relation to the validity of the medical advice provided by the Medical Experts and the validity and legality of the e-prescription for dispensation of medicines and conduct of diagnostic tests. All liabilities arising out of any wrong diagnosis of medical condition by the Medical Experts and/ or arising from the e-prescription will be of the concerned Medical Expert. Further, all liabilities arising out of any wrong diagnosis report by the Third Party Labs and/ or arising from the wrong dispensation of the Pharmaceutical Goods and Services will be of the concerned Third Party Labs or the Third Party Pharmacies as the case may be.
The Users may share their previous medical history during interaction with the Medical Experts. The Users undertake to share such information at their own risk. Pocket Healthcare reserves the right to retain such information for the purpose of providing Services to the Users.
The Users acknowledge that the Protected Entities merely act in the capacity of facilitators between the Other Parties by providing a platform for them to interact and transact. In no event shall the Protected Entities be held liable for any of the losses attributable to Services offered through the Website.
In no event shall the Protected Entities be liable for failure on the part of the Users or Third Party Service Providers to provide agreed services or to make himself/herself available at the appointed time, cancellation or rescheduling of appointments. In no event shall the Protected Entities be liable for any comments or feedback given by any of the Users in relation to the services provided by a Third Party Service Providers.
Modification of Website
Pocket Healthcare reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website or any features or portions thereof without prior notice. Other Parties agree that Pocket Healthcare will not be liable for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Website or any other part thereof.
Intellectual property rights
All the intellectual property used on the Website except those which have been identified as the intellectual properties of the Other Parties shall remain the exclusive property of the Company. The Other Parties agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any materials or enforce limitations on use of the Website or the materials therein. The materials on the Website or otherwise may not be modified, copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, sold, compiled, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or other means.
Compliance of Applicable Law
While communicating/ transacting with each other through the Website, the Other Parties shall at all times ensure full compliance with the applicable provisions of the Contract Act, IT Act, IG Guidelines, Drugs Act read with the Drug Rules, Drugs and Magic Act, The Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 read with the Indian Medical Council Rules, 1957, Pharmacy Act, Consumer Protection Act, 1986, SPI Rules, etc (“Captioned Laws”). as well as all other laws for the time being in force, and ensure due payment of applicable taxes. They must specifically ensure that they are in no way purchasing Pharmaceutical Good and Services or Prescription Drugs without a valid prescription, which are prohibited under the Drugs Act (read with the Drugs Rules) as well as the other applicable laws for the time being in force
The Users must also ensure that the prescription uploaded on the Website or emailed to Pocket Healthcare for processing the order for Prescription Drugs is a valid prescription duly obtained from a registered medical practitioner. The Users acknowledge and accept that they shall bear all costs/ liability/ damages, caused to the Third Party Service Providers or to Pocket Healthcare, as a result of any dispensation of Prescription Drugs by the Third Party Service Providers owing to the non-compliance by the User in this regard.
- not accessing the Website; or,
- closing their accounts for all of the Services that they use.
- Pocket Healthcare is unable to verify or authenticate any information provided to Pocket Healthcare by Other Party(s); or
- Pocket Healthcare believes, in its sole discretion, that Other Party(s) actions may cause legal liability for Pocket Healthcare (or any of its affiliates, independent contractors, service providers, consultants, licensors, agents, and representatives) or are contrary to the interests of the Website; or
- Pocket Healthcare is required to do so by law; or
- if Other Party(s) fail to provide (or after providing such consent, later revoke) the consents necessary or desirable for Pocket Healthcare to provide the Services to the Other Party(s); or
- The provision of the Services to the Other Party(s), or to the general public, is in Pocket Healthcare’s opinion, no longer commercially viable; or
- Pocket Healthcare has elected to discontinue, with or without reason, access to the Website or the Services (or any part thereof).
- Pocket Healthcare may also terminate or suspend (temporarily or permanently) all or a portion of Other Party(s) account or access to the Services, with or without reason. Except as may be set forth in any of the terms applicable to a particular Service, termination of Other Party(s) account may include: (i) removal of access to all offerings within the Website or with respect to the Services; and (ii) barring Other Party(s) from further use or access of the Website or of any of the Services.
- Once terminated or suspended (temporarily or permanently), Other Party(s) may not continue to use the Website under the same account, a different account or re-register under a new account.
- The right to terminate/ suspend the account is in addition to, and without prejudice to, Pocket Healthcare’s right to initiate action against the Other Party(s), in accordance with applicable law.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
Even after termination, certain obligations mentioned under Covenants, Liability, Indemnity, Intellectual Property, Dispute Resolution will continue and survive termination.